What Is a BREEAM Assessment?
BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is a sustainability
assessment method that is used to masterplan projects, infrastructure and buildings. Launched in
1990, by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) it sets standards for the environmental
performance of buildings through the design, specification, construction and operation phases and
can be applied to new developments or refurbishment schemes.
A BREEAM assessment evaluates the procurement, design, construction and operation of a
development against a range of targets based on performance benchmarks.
Why use REDFANsolutions?
On top of providing the overlying BREEAM assessment, our fully qualified and licenced assessors can
also help you achieve the credits you need by offering supplementary services such as:
- SBEM for ENE 01
- Air quality plans for HEA 02
- Acoustic performance testing for HEA 05 & POL 05
- And many others.
Other reasons include:
- Our team of qualified assessors go the extra mile to make the process as easy as possible
- A fully managed, bespoke service
- Design, guidance & advice throughout your entire project
- Guaranteed remedial advice in the event of failure
- Simple explanations helping you cut through the jargon
- Full reports and certification provided
When is a BREEAM Assessment Required?
The requirement for BREEAM is normally specified as part of the planning process and it is
imperative that you commission a licenced BREEAM assessor at the very start of your project. This is
because some of the achievable credits require action to be taken in the initial stages, with these
credits becoming unavailable once the project has passed a certain point.
For a free, no commitment quote (or even just for professional advice) please feel free to contact us
and we will be happy to help.