What are Water Efficiency Calculations?
Part G of the UK building regulations states that all new dwellings (both new build and newly
converted) must achieve a projected water consumption of no more than 110 or 125 litres per
person, per day (depending on your location).
The water consumption of a dwelling is calculated by a number of factors, from the flow rates of
taps or showers, through to the capacity and consumption of baths, dishwashers and washing
Why use REDFANsolutions?
With clear and concise reports, quick turnaround (with a fast-track service
available for even more urgent projects) why would you not?
Other reasons include:
- Our team of qualified assessors go the extra mile to make the process as easy as possible
- Design, guidance & advice throughout your entire construction phase
- Guaranteed remedial advice in the event of failure
- Simple explanations helping you cut through the jargon
- Full reports provided, including a Notice of Water Efficiency (as required for Part G)
When is a Water Efficiency Calculation Required?
Ideally these calculations should be carried out before you have purchased your proposed fittings so
that your assessor can confirm whether these will meet Building Regulations compliance.
Don’t worry if you are already past this stage however, as there are other minor upgrades and
attachments that can allow you to still meet the necessary rates.
For a free, no commitment quote (or even just for professional advice) please feel free to contact us
and we will be happy to help.